Friday, December 11, 2009

Logo larceny

Ironically enough, this isn't the first incident of plagiarism Sara Taseer Shoaib has been associated with. The June issue of Xpoze magazine carried images of the logos from Sara's website (sarataseershoaib.com) and that of Indian jewellery designer Alpana Gujral (alpanagujral.com), pointing out how it was a coincidence that both logos were so very similar. (Above: Sara's logo, Right: Alpana Gujral's logo)

When asked for a reaction to this Sara said, "I have not seen the magazine. But my logo is not a copy, it was created in Pakistan. And that's not my official logo anyway; my trademark is my name - Sara Taseer Shoaib. My logo keeps changing; earlier it was two diamonds together. And my website is still under construction."

Indian jewellery designer Alpana Gujral believes that the logo has plagiarised. In a phone conversation she told Instep: "It is a complete copy. She has used the whole essence of my logo. And I definitely plan to go to the Indian press to show how people are copying so blatantly."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your AdSense unit code